Friday, December 01, 2006

On the first day of Christmas...

...my true love gave to me
a pukeko in a ponga tree.

Well I've started Janine's twelve day's of Christmas thing. Got myself a plan, tried to keep it simple and I think I'll manage it!



However - simple doesn't mean quick! This page has nothing much to it, but it still took me half the night. But then I did paint the whole album too. I'm using a maya rd chipboard book. Figured this way once I start - I will want to finish and will just have to keep up. And at the end I'll have a nice little mini album about Christmas as we see it in our family.

Thanks for having such a brilliant idea Janine, you're such an angel!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh I love it.....good thinking on pre painting the album. Love love love that idea. I had a wee giggle about grandmas tree. I am a like lot grandma in that I like the idea of a colour co-ordinated colour tree. This boils down to many years as a child as a multi coloured tree lol and begging my parents for the colour co-ordinated tree :-). Loved reading how the kids have thier own special decorations to place on the tree. Thanks for taking part Beverley.

dallas said...

Gorgeous, Beverley!! I love the idea of doing a wee book like that! I had to stiffle my need for a colour co-ordinated tree - it just wasn't a happening thing, LOL! Look forward to seeing more.

Anonymous said...

Great book Beverley. Love the idea of keeping all the challenges together.
I'm altering a book/journal for Janine's challenge too (to keep me going and make sure I complete the 12 days!) ... but the whole book thing has slowed me down a little, particularly at this time of year.

Hannah said...

Cool, Beverley! I'm thinking of using a Maya Rd Chipboard album, too. Partly because I would like to have a Christmas album, but also because I KNOW I won't have time to do 12x12 layouts, lol!!

I love what you've done here, it looks fab!!

Ilka said...

Beautiful LO's also in the post below!
Great idea with the mini book Bev, I think I might do that too. Same reason as yours, once started it forces me to finish it - lol- and I quite like to have an x-mas album too.

Tracy said...

Love the mini album idea Beverley, far more manageable at this time of year. You have done well getting your 1st lo done alread, go you!

Gillian said...

Hi Beverley,
What a wonderful idea, doing this cute little book.. I love your first LO.. it's going to come together beautifully..