I've been trying out a few different techniques in my work recently. So I thought I'd share a few links to places where my inspiration has come from.
The first is Melissa Goodsell. I absolutely love her stuff - she's into more than just scrapbooking. Lots of stitching and check out those yummy little teacups she just whipped up. So, inspired by Melissa, I've had my sewing machine out lately - infact I left it out most of the weekend!
I've used it on layouts but also sewed up these book covers - if I owe you a P.I.F gift then you might just get to see one of these in real life sometime soon. ;o)
The next is another aussie Stephi Kemp. I'm not entirely sure how I stumbled across her blog but I love the artiness of her stuff. The collage stuff caught my eye and I also love the painted/stamped backgrounds which she actually describes how to do - very helpful for someone who wants to give it a go too. Must buy some twinkling h2o's cause I really, really like that look.
And some more arty inspiration comes from Marieke. I was rather taken with a fairy layout she did for Scrapgal called believe. It looks deliciously messy with paint and masking.
I was working on a layout over the weekend and thought I might try this masking game with the paint that comes with this months add on kit at Scrapbook Essentials. I was looking around for something to use as a mask and eventually decided to try using a wide piece of lace. Love how it turned out - just gotta master that 'simple' look cause by the time I'd finished the layout I'd covered most of it up! LOL
Anyway, on Marieke's blog she has put up a challenge for World Card Making Day. She said to use accetate and paint. And cause I had those things out for the layout I'd just finished - how could I not have a go!
So, for the first card I used the same lace as a mask and used the teal paint first, then moved it and used white paint. I've smeared kindy glitz and dimensional magic on the other side of the accetate which gives it a sparkle. Then added the bits of Scenic Route paper and the rubons. Trying very hard to keep it simple and not cover up all the paint!
It kinda looks messy it the pic - it's really hard to take a photo of an acetate card, (specially when you have a 3yr old helper) but it does look better in real life - honest! The paint has a lacey texture to it which looks kinda cool and there's way more sparkle too.
And cause I had a bit of acetate left - thought I might as well make another one. This time I painted in teal and then stamped the words in white. Added the circles and rubons and then discovered I could scrape the paint off again which is what I did around the top circle.
That's another two cards to add to my stash, so thanks for the challenge Marieke. :o)