Wednesday, December 06, 2006

On the sixth day of Christmas...

... My true love gave to me

Six pois a twirling

Five- big-fat –pigs

Four huhu grubs
Three flax kits
Two kumara
And a pukeko in a ponga tree

Christmas Carols - well, I kinda did this one yesterday although I don't really have a favourite.

Carols by candle light is always fun (not the Wellington Stadium affair though - Carols by glow stick with very loud music, some christmassy some not, but all loud!) There is something magical about lots of people singing Christmas carols while holding real candles. I always discover that I actually only know the first verse and chorus of most of them - it pays to have the words handy if I aim to sing the whole song!

Anyway, here's my page for today:


And for those wanting to know details. It's a Maya Rd Lunch Break Chipboard Book. (Actually the Ali Edwards 'Today You' class kit from CC06 that I wasn't going to get around to using) And I still haven't done the cover - which is very unlike me - I always start with the cover! I am trying to keep the pages flat so that they still sit nicely, which is a change cause I like my lumpy bumpy embellishments! I'm using the Basic Grey fruitcake papers and Basic Grey rubons and Hero Arts Alphabet Stamps. I think that's it - keeping it simple and loving it!




6 comments:

Anonymous said...

gorgeous photo Beverley....loved reading about how christmas carols are special to your family.

Kelly Slattery said...

awesome stuff Bev..gorgeous pic!!

Gillian said...

Hi Beverley,
I clicked on your LO to read the journaling, Lovely, just Lovely, my kids love to hear Christmas carols AYR also... Beautiful Photo.

Hannah said...

Lovely, Beverley! I adore Christmas Carols as well.

My album is very similar to yours, actually!! I'm using an old children's board book (I ripped all the shiny paper off) and I'm keeping mine simple too. And trying not to use lumpy embellies!!

Hopefully I'll get some of mine up on my blog this week!! :-)

Unknown said...

Loving your little christmas book.

Tracy said...

Lovely lo Beverley, those chipboard books are really nice aren't they.